Adhikari Law has an accomplished team of legal professionals who have excelled in serving clients with the highest level of professionalism and diligence. Our professionals have extensive professional experience as well as academic backgrounds. The firm's management is led by firm's Managing Attorney, Mr. Niranjan "Nir" Adhikari.
Managing Attorney *
Tel: (+1) 888- 820- 4430 (Toll free) / 202-600-7742 (Office); 510-394-2939 (Cell) | Fax: (+1) 202-792-6243 | e-mail: email@example.com
(*Admitted only in New York, and practice is limited to matters and proceedings before federal courts and agencies)
Nir represents business entities as well as individuals on all aspects of U.S. immigration and nationality laws. He handles business immigration as well as family-based immigration, special immigration programs, citizenship, and all the visa programs. He has served multinational corporations, foreign corporations seeking business expansion to the U.S., domestic corporations, individual investors, entrepreneurs, and U.S. citizens and permanent residents in sponsoring their family members.
He also advises foreign and multinational companies on the immigration law matters in global mobility, in M&A, and in bankruptcy. He provides legal guide to start-ups and venture funds; handles matters of JOBS Act, SEC filing, Trademarks and Copyright, Intellectual Property Transactions, Int'l Biz Transactions, Int'l Trade (including export-control) for small business.
Mr. Adhikari has more than six year of U.S. legal experience which involved immigration law, immigration compliance, anti-trust (competition) law, M&A, int'l law, government contracts, and business transactions. For the last four year he has advised companies and individuals on U.S. immigration law and immigration compliance, government audits and investigations for immigration compliance, and handled large number of complex as well as general immigration law and compliance related matters for corporate as well as individual clients.
Nir is admitted to New York State Bar, and he is also a member of American Bar Association, Federal Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, and American Immigration Lawyers Association. He received his Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree from the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, Berkeley, CA, USA where he extensively studied corporate law and corporate finance, M&A in technology industry, international trade law and international law.
- Master in Laws (LL.M.) University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, Berkeley, CA, USA.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Kathmandu School of Law, Nepal.
- Directed Studies and the Summer Course on Private International Law, Hague Academy of International Law, The Hague, the Netherlands.
- Summer Program on International Law, Xiamen (Asia) Academy of International Law, China.
- Human Rights Summer School, Empowerment through Law of the Common People, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Membership in Professional Associations
- American Bar Association
- Section of International Law
- Immigration and Nationality Law Committee, and member of its Steering Committee
- India Committee
- New York State Bar Association
- Corporate Law Section
- International Law Section
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Immigration Law Section
- District of Columbia Chapter
- Intellectual Property and Communications Law Section
- International Law Section
- Securities Law Section
- South Asian Bar Association (SABA)
- Chair of the Immigration Law Committee, SABA-DC
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association-District of Columbia (DC)
- Patan Appellate Bar Association, Lalitpur
Speaking Engagements of Niranjan Adhikari
- Moderator, CHARLIE CHAT: Deciphering the Visa Bulletin and at the annual Immigration Law Conference of Federal Bar Association (FBA, www.fedbar.org)), May 18-19, 2018, Memphis, TN.
- Moderator, IMMIGRANT VISA PROCESSING AND WAIVERS: Unlawful Presence, Applicability of Bars to Admissibility, I-601A Waivers, Effect of Minority and Voluntary Departure, etc. at the annual Immigration Law Conference of Federal Bar Association (FBA, www.fedbar.org), May 18-19, 2018, Memphis, TN.
- Speaker, Visa and Immigration Planning for Student, Scholars, Faculty and Staff members including Visa Programs for Private Sector Employment, Start-ups and Self-Petition, May 10th, 2017, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA.
Public Interest and Pro Bono Activities
- General member, American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Secretary of the Executive Board of the Durga Temple, Fairfax Station, Virginia.
- Volunteer for DC Bar for it’s pro bono programs (ongoing).
- Volunteer Judge for the International Rounds of Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, Washington, DC since 2010- present.
- Founding member, Washington Nepal Forum, a network of young Nepalese professionals.
Nepali (native), native level level fluency in Hindi, conversant in Bhojpuri, Urdu, and beginner in French and Sanskrit.
Attorney at Law
Tel: (+1) 202-600-7742 (Office) (+1) 888-820-4430 (toll free)
Roland is an attorney at Adhikari Law and handles the matters of international business transactions, business law and complex immigration law matters. At the firm, he also handles the firm's appellate practice and manages matters of business and contract laws. He has represented technology companies, scientists, professionals, U.S. persons and have spoken at immigration workshop for international students and scholars.
Roland has legal experience as in-house counsel for a U.S. company. Before joining Adhikari Law, he worked at a litigation firm in Northern Virginia, primarily in business. Prior to that he worked at a law firm in Pennsylvania, handling bankruptcy, real estate, and complex business litigation.
At the beginning of his legal career he worked at a Swiss law firm in Zug, Switzerland and at a major law firm in Tianjin, China. Roland has also volunteered for the IRS income tax assistance program and for an economic think-tank in Austria.
Roland is admitted to District of Columbia bar and the bar of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. He graduated cum laude with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida where he extensively studied business and technology law. He received a degree of Master in Laws (LL.M.) in International Business from the National University of Singapore, Singapore. He has a Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems from Grove City College, Pennsylvania.
Bar and Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia Bar
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Bar of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), International Business Law, Singapore National University, Singapore
- Juris Doctor (J.D.), Cum Laude, Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Cum Laude with High Honors in Computer Information Systems, Grove City College, PA
Memberships in Professional Associations:
- American Bar Association
- Proficiency in Spanish and German, and intermediate proficiency in Chinese.
Tel: (+1) 202-600-7742 (Office) 202-600-7744
Legal Analyst / Legal Consultant
Sanjay assists the attorneys in the matters of U.S. immigration and visa programs, investor visa program and international business transactions.
Before joining Adhikari Law, Sanjay worked at law firms in Maryland and Washington, D.C.
Sanjay holds the degree of Master in Laws (LL.M.) from American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, DC and also a degree of Master of Science (M.S.) in Tourism, Development and Policy from University of Exeter, Exeter, United Kingdom.
He obtained degree of Bachelor of Laws (J.D. Equivalent), Honors, from University of Exeter, Exeter, United Kingdom.
Tel: (+1) 202 600 7742 (Office)
Consultants, Law Clerks, and Paralegals
Adhikari Law has in-house Consultants, Law Clerks and Paralegals who provide secretarial support in timely delivery of services to our corporate and individual clients. This allows our attorneys to focus our time on core legal services and have Consultants, Law Clerks and Paralegals do the secretarial, preparatory and paralegal works to assist our attorneys. All of our Consultants, Law Clerks and Paralegals have Bachelor's and Master's degrees and have prior experience working at law firms.
Tel: (+1) 202 600 7742 / 888-820-4430 (toll free)
Give us a call or email us today to schedule a Legal Consultation
Please feel free to contact us if you will have any questions or will be in need of legal services or you generally like to discuss some of the legal matters.