Adhikari Law has an accomplished team of legal professionals who have excelled in serving clients with the highest level of professionalism and diligence. Our professionals have an extensive professional experience as well as stellar academic backgrounds. The legal team is led by firm’s Managing Attorney, Mr. Niranjan “Nir” Adhikari.
Niranjan “Nir” Adhikari
Managing Attorney *
Tel: (+1) 888-820-4430 (toll free), (+1) 202-600-7743 (office) | Fax: (+1) 202-792-6243 | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(*Admitted only in New York, and practice is limited to matters and proceedings before federal courts and agencies)
Nir represents businesses as well as individuals on all aspects of U.S. immigration and nationality laws, and foreign investment and international business transaction matters. He handles business immigration as well as family-based immigration, special immigration programs, citizenship, and all the visa programs. He has served multinational corporations, foreign corporations seeking business expansion to the U.S., domestic corporations, individual investors, entrepreneurs, and U.S. citizens and permanent residents in sponsoring their family members.
He also advises foreign and multinational companies on the immigration law matters in global mobility, in M&A, and in bankruptcy. He provides legal guide to start-ups and venture funds; handles matters of JOBS Act, SEC filing, Trademarks and Copyright, Intellectual Property Transactions, Int’l Biz Transactions, Int’l Trade (including export-control) for small business.
Mr. Adhikari has more than nine year of U.S. legal experience which involved immigration law, immigration compliance, anti-trust (competition) law, M&A, int’l law, government contracts, and business transactions. For the last four year he has advised companies and individuals on U.S. immigration law and immigration compliance, government audits and investigations for immigration compliance, and handled large number of complex as well as general immigration law and compliance related matters for corporate as well as individual clients.
Nir is admitted to New York State Bar, and he is also a member of American Bar Association, Federal Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, and American Immigration Lawyers Association. He received his Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree from the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, Berkeley, CA, USA where he extensively studied corporate law and corporate finance, M&A in technology industry, international trade law and international law.
- Master in Laws (LL.M.) University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, Berkeley, CA, USA.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Kathmandu School of Law, Nepal.
- Directed Studies and the Summer Course on Private International Law, Hague Academy of International Law, The Hague, the Netherlands.
- Summer Program on International Law, Xiamen (Asia) Academy of International Law, China.
- Human Rights Summer School, Empowerment through Law of the Common People, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Membership in Professional Associations
- American Bar Association
- Section of International Law
- Immigration and Nationality Law Committee, and member of its Steering Committee
- India Committee
- New York State Bar Association
- Corporate Law Section
- International Law Section
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Immigration Law Section
- District of Columbia Chapter
- Intellectual Property and Communications Law Section
- International Law Section
- Securities Law Section
- South Asian Bar Association (SABA)
- Chair of the Immigration Law Committee, SABA-DC
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association-District of Columbia (DC)
- Patan Appellate Bar Association, Lalitpur
Speaking Engagements of Niranjan Adhikari
- Moderator, CHARLIE CHAT: Deciphering the Visa Bulletin and at the annual Immigration Law Conference of Federal Bar Association (FBA, www.fedbar.org)), May 18-19, 2018, Memphis, TN.
- Moderator, IMMIGRANT VISA PROCESSING AND WAIVERS: Unlawful Presence, Applicability of Bars to Admissibility, I-601A Waivers, Effect of Minority and Voluntary Departure, etc. at the annual Immigration Law Conference of Federal Bar Association (FBA, www.fedbar.org), May 18-19, 2018, Memphis, TN.
- Speaker, Visa and Immigration Planning for Student, Scholars, Faculty and Staff members including Visa Programs for Private Sector Employment, Start-ups and Self-Petition, May 10th, 2017, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA.
Public Interest and Pro Bono Activities
- General member, American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Secretary of the Executive Board of the Durga Temple, Fairfax Station, Virginia.
- Volunteer for DC Bar for it’s pro bono programs (ongoing).
- Volunteer Judge for the International Rounds of Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, Washington, DC since 2010- present.
Nepali (native); native level level fluency in English and Hindi; conversant in Bhojpuri and Urdu; and beginner in French and Sanskrit.
Serena Yang Li
Attorney at Law
Tel: (+1) 202-600-7742 (office), 202-600-7745 (direct), 888-820-4430 (toll free) | e-mail: email@example.com
Serena is an attorney at Adhikari Law and handles the matters of employment-based immigration and work visa, complex immigration administrative motions and appeals, and cross-border business transactions. At the firm, she also oversees the research and knowledge management of the firm. She has represented technology companies, universities, manufacturers, research institutes, scientists, professionals and foreign nationals, and has represented clients in life sciences, consulting, pharmaceuticals, retails, hospitality, transportation, energy, education, financial services and non-profits sectors.
Serena is an attorney licensed in both the U.S. and China. She represents business entities as well as individuals on all aspects of U.S. immigration and nationality laws. Serena advises multinational corporations seeking business expansion to both the U.S. and China. Prior to joining Adhikari Law, Serena was an attorney for a large international firm practicing immigration law and global mobility.
Prior to practicing immigration laws, Serena was a law clerk for the Illinois Sixth Judicial Circuit Court. Serena was also an attorney for a large international firm representing multinational corporations on international trademark and copyright infringement matters.
Serena is admitted to District of Columbia bar. She graduated magna cum laude from the 3-year J.D. program in 2.5 years from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She received her J.D. in China from Peking University.
Bar and Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia Bar
- The Chinese National Bar (国家司法考试)
- Juris Doctor (J.D.), Magna Cum Laude, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Illinois.
- Juris Doctor (China equivalent), Peking University, Beijing, China.
- Cornell University, Law School, and School of Industrial and Labor Relations (Peking University exchange program).
Tel: (+1) 202-600-7742 (office), 202-600-7745 (direct), 888-820-4430 (toll free)
Legal Analyst / Legal Consultant
Sanjay assists the attorneys in the matters of U.S. immigration and visa programs, investor visa program and international business transactions.
Before joining Adhikari Law, Sanjay worked at law firms in Maryland and Washington, D.C.
Sanjay holds the degree of Master in Laws (LL.M.) from American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, DC and also a degree of Master of Science (M.S.) in Tourism, Development and Policy from University of Exeter, Exeter, United Kingdom.
He obtained degree of Bachelor of Laws (J.D. Equivalent), Honors, from University of Exeter, Exeter, United Kingdom.
Tel: (+1) 202 600 7742 / 888-820-4430 (office)
Priyank assists the attorneys in the matters of U.S. immigration and visa programs, investor visa program and international business transactions.
Before joining Adhikari Law, Priyanka worked at a major non-profit as a Legal Officer.
Priyanka holds the degree of Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) from Kathmandu School of Law, Nepal and has received extensive national and international training in South Korea, Thailand and Sri Lanka.
During law school, she represented her law school at international moot court competitions namely Henry Dunant Memorial Regional Moot Court Competition in New Delhi, India and Red Cross International Humanitarian Law Moot in Hong Kong, SAR- China. She is certified by Nepal Bar Council to practice law in Nepal.
Priyanka has authored a number of research publications. She has interested in photography, blogging, poetry, and literary writing
Tel: (+1) 202 600 7742 / 888-820-4430 (office)
Of Counsels, Consultants, Law Clerks, and Paralegals
Adhikari Law has number of experienced Of Counsels in different areas of law to handle more specialized legal works, and we also draw up in-house Consultants, Law Clerks and Paralegals who provide secretarial and support services for a timely delivery of services to our corporate and individual clients. This allows our attorneys to focus our time on core legal services and have Of Counsels handle other areas of law, and Consultants, Law Clerks and Paralegals do the preparatory, secretarial, and paralegal works to assist our attorneys. All of our Of Counsels, Consultants, Law Clerks and Paralegals have at least a Bachelor’s, Master’s, Juris Doctor (J.D.) or other Doctorate degrees, and have prior experience working at law firms.
Tel: (+1) 202 600 7742 (office)/ 888-820-4430 (toll free)
Give us a call or email us today to schedule a Legal Consultation
Please feel free to contact us if you will have any questions or will be in need of legal services or you generally like to discuss some of the legal matters.
888-820-4430 | firstname.lastname@example.org