The EB-1(A), person with extraordinary ability, classification is for people who are recognized as being at the very top of their field as demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim and recognized achievements in the field of expertise and who are coming to the United States to continue work in that field. To establish eligibility, you must demonstrate sustained national or international acclaim and that your achievements have been recognized in the field of expertise by showing: (1) that you have received a major internationally recognized award; or (2) that you meet at least THREE of the ten requirements listed below, (3) all your evidence, when evaluated together, shows that you are among the small percentage of individuals that have risen to the very top of your field, AND (4) your entry will benefit the U.S. substantially. If you have not received a major internationally recognized award, you must answer yes and submit evidence for at least 3 of the 10 questions below:
- Have you received any lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence in the field of endeavor?
- Are you a member of associations that require outstanding achievements of their members as judged by recognized national or international experts?
- Is there published material in professional or major trade publications or major media about you which relates to your work in the field?
- Have you participated on a panel or individually as a judge of the work of others in the same or in an allied field of specialization?
- Have you made original scientific, scholarly or business contributions that are of major significance?
- Have you authored scholarly articles in professional journals or other major media?
- Has your work been displayed at artistic exhibitions or showcases?
- Have you played a leading or critical role for an organization with a distinguished reputation?
- Have you or will you command a high salary or other remuneration for your services in comparison to others in your field?
- Have you enjoyed commercial successes in the performing arts?
[Self-petition possible even without job offer]
It is also important that it has to be established that you are coming to (seeking to remain in) the United States to continue to work in your area of extraordinary ability.
EB-1(B) Outstanding professors and researchers
Have to demonstrate international recognition for your outstanding achievements in a particular academic field. One must have at least 3 years experience in teaching or research in that academic area. You must be entering the United States in order to pursue tenure or tenure track teaching or comparable research position at a university or other institution of higher education.
We must include documentation of at least TWO listed below AND an offer of employment from the prospective U.S. employer.
- Evidence of receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement.
- Evidence of membership in associations that require their members to demonstrate outstanding achievement.
- Evidence of published material in professional publications written by others about the alien’s work in the academic field.
- Evidence of participation, either on a panel or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the same or allied academic field.
- Evidence of original scientific or scholarly research contributions in the field.
- Evidence of authorship of scholarly books or articles (in scholarly journals with international circulation) in the field.
EB-1(C) Multinational manager or executive
You must have been employed outside the United States in the 3 years preceding the petition for at least 1 year by a firm or corporation and you must be seeking to enter the United States to continue service to that firm or organization. Your employment must have been outside the United States in a managerial or executive capacity and with the same employer, an affiliate, or a subsidiary of the employer.
Your petitioning employer must be a U.S. employer. Your employer must have been doing business for at least 1 year, as an affiliate, a subsidiary, or as the same corporation or other legal entity that employed you abroad.
Our law firm has a strong experience and the expertise in EB-1 green card petitions, please contact us today to discuss if you will qualify for EB-1 category.