Adhikari Law PLLC is a technology-driven state-of-art boutique law firm. Our philosophy is that we will go extra mile to ensure that our clients get the best delivery of the legal services comparable to the top-notch law firms and the legal professionals.
Our vision is to ultimately improve the legal services industry and the methods of delivery of legal services so that the legal professionals excel in what we do best and also draw upon others from their areas of excellence. Today is the age of collaboration and the sharing of knowledge and the resources. So we believe each us should attempt to make the optimum use of limited human and material resources.
We believe that our adoption of technologies with the combination of advanced legal skills will put us at a better position in delivering quality legal services to our clients.
While legal profession is going through rapid changes as to how the legal works are conducted or how the services are delivered and we yet believe that our role as legal professionals will continue to grow as we all rely more and more on the rule of law and the trust it provides from a predictable legal regime. Our firm was founded with the fundamental belief that the legal professionals will continue to deliver the service we are expected of and yet we should also continue to evolve and adapt as societal relationships change. Therefore, our major thrust is how we improve our delivery of legal services and how we adapt as our clients grow their businesses and as they evolve from the forces of new economies and changing regulatory environment.
Our founder saw the need for the legal solutions which continuously innovates and adapts. We believe that the emerging legal and regulatory regime could be win-win for regulatory agencies as well as stakeholders if we all pursue the same goals and objectives as set out in the law and the policies adopted through democratic process. With this approach, we hope that all the stakeholders will strive for the legal predictability which can provide a foundation for the sustainable growth and foster innovation for the betterment of all.
Our attorneys utilize applicable legal tools and strategies and also advise our clients as to how they can evolve and adapt in light of emerging trends and proposed regulatory policies. We always strives to be the real problem-solver.
Meet the Team
Adhikari Law has an accomplished team of legal professionals who have excelled in serving clients with the highest level of professionalism and diligence. Our professionals have an extensive professional experience as well as academic backgrounds. The legal team is led by firm's Managing Attorney, Mr. Niranjan "Nir" Adhikari.
Niranjan "Nir" Adhikari
Managing Attorney *
Tel: (+1) 888-820-4430 (toll free), (+1) 202-600-7742 (office) | Fax: (+1) 202-792-6243 | e-mail: email@example.com
(*Admitted only in New York, and practice is limited to matters and proceedings before federal courts and agencies)
Nir represents business entities as well as individuals on all aspects of U.S. immigration and nationality laws. He handles business immigration as well as family-based immigration, special immigration programs, citizenship, and all the visa programs. He has served multinational corporations, foreign corporations seeking business expansion to the U.S., domestic corporations, individual investors, entrepreneurs, and U.S. citizens and permanent residents in sponsoring their family members.
He also advises foreign and multinational companies on the immigration law matters in global mobility, in M&A, and in bankruptcy. He provides legal guide to start-ups and venture funds; handles matters of JOBS Act, SEC filing, Trademarks and Copyright, Intellectual Property Transactions, Int'l Biz Transactions, Int'l Trade (including export-control) for small business.
Mr. Adhikari has more than six year of U.S. legal experience which involved immigration law, immigration compliance, anti-trust (competition) law, M&A, int'l law, government contracts, and business transactions. For the last four year he has advised companies and individuals on U.S. immigration law and immigration compliance, government audits and investigations for immigration compliance, and handled large number of complex as well as general immigration law and compliance related matters for corporate as well as individual clients.
Bar and Court Admissions:
- New York State Bar
- New York Court of Appeals
- Master in Laws (LL.M.) University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, Berkeley, CA
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Kathmandu School of Law, Nepal
- Directed Studies and the Summer Course on Private International Law, Hague Academy of International Law, The Hague, the Netherlands.
- Summer Program on International Law, Xiamen (Asia) Academy of International Law, China.
- Human Rights Summer School, Empowerment through Law of the Common People, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Membership in Professional Associations
- American Bar Association
- Section of International Law
- India Committee
- New York State Bar Association
- Corporate Law Section
- International Law Section
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Immigration Law Section
- member, District of Columbia Chapter
- Intellectual Property and Communications Law Section
- International Law Section
- Securities Law Section
- Federal Career Services Division
- Judiciary Division
- Younger Lawyers Division
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association-District of Columbia (DC)
- South Asian Bar Association
- Patan Appellate Bar Association, Lalitpur
- Fluent in Nepali and Hindi, conversant in Maithili, Bhojpuri, Urdu and Punjabi, and basic in French and Sanskrit.
Public Interest and Pro Bono Activities:
- Secretary of the Executive Board of the Durga Temple, Fairfax Station, Virginia.
- Volunteer for DC Bar for it’s pro bono programs (ongoing).
- Volunteer Judge for the International Rounds of Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, Washington, DC since 2010- present.
- Founding member, Washington Nepal Forum, a network of young Nepalese professionals.
Attorney at Law
Tel: (+1) 888-820-4430 (toll free), (+1) 202-600-7742 (office) | Fax: (1) 202-792-6243 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Roland is an attorney at Adhikari Law and handles the matters of international business transactions, business law and complex immigration law matters. At the firm, he also handles the firm's appellate practice and manages matters of business and contract laws. He has represented technology companies, scientists, professionals, U.S. persons and have spoken at immigration workshop for international students and scholars.
Roland has legal experience as in-house counsel for a U.S. company. Before joining Adhikari Law, he worked at a litigation firm in Northern Virginia, primarily in business. Prior to that he worked at a law firm in Pennsylvania, handling bankruptcy, real estate, and complex business litigation.
At the beginning of his legal career he worked at a Swiss law firm in Zug, Switzerland and at a major law firm in Tianjin, China. Roland has also volunteered for the IRS income tax assistance program and for an economic think-tank in Austria.
Roland is admitted to District of Columbia bar and the bar of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. He graduated cum laude with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida where he extensively studied business and technology law. He received a degree of Master in Laws (LL.M.) in International Business from the National University of Singapore, Singapore. He has a Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems from Grove City College, Pennsylvania.
Bar and Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia Bar
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Bar of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), International Business Law, Singapore National University, Singapore.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.), Cum Laude, Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Cum Laude with High Honors in Computer Information Systems, Grove City College, PA
Memberships in Professional Associations:
- American Bar Association
- Proficiency in Spanish and German, and intermediate proficiency in Chinese.
Tel: (+1) 202-600-7742, (+1) 888-820-4430 (toll free)
Consultants, Law Clerks, and Paralegals
Adhikari Law has in-house Consultants, Law Clerks and Paralegals who provide secretarial support in timely delivery of services to our corporate and individual clients. This allows our attorneys to focus our time on core legal services and have Consultants, Law Clerks and Paralegals do the secretarial, preparatory and paralegal works to assist our attorneys. All of our Consultants, Law Clerks and Paralegals have Bachelor's and Master's degrees and have prior experience working at law firms.
Tel: (+1) 202 600 7742 (office)/ 888-820-4430 (toll free)
Give us a call or email us today to schedule a Legal Consultation
Please feel free to contact us if you will have any questions or will be in need of legal services or you generally like to discuss some of the legal matters.